Just to update you.... because I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat anxiously waiting word- we are NOT getting that house we have spent the last week and a half bidding on.
We made three different offers- pratically BEGGED the owner to let me buy your house- and he has not reduced his price, except to offer to throw in $1,500 worth of travertine tile sitting in the garage (which, frankly, I thought would come with the house anyway).
I have come to the conclusion that he loves his house and really did not want to sell it after all.
Since we have to be out of our house by Jan 2, and already killed a week and a half on the other house, we made an offer on a different house in the same neighborhood- a 2 story house that had been foreclosed on. It has been empty for over a year and the inside is NASTY- and needs a great deal of work... BUT.... its quite a bit less than the other house. It looks like this will be the house. But, I have to wait until MONDAY to hear from the bank (who now owns it).
This house shopping is so stressful! Its a roller coaster of emotions. One minute I am planning the house in my mind, and the next minute, I am bidding on an entirely different house!
I know God has a house with our name written all over it, and I am ready to know which one it is!