Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Its been an Advil before coffee day

I know its a little hard to believe... but....I am not a bundle of energy at
5:00 am every morning. I usually stumble around, wondering what day it is, just trying to get to the alarm clock and then to the coffee pot.

But not this morning.

This morning, as I stumble through the living room, I trip over a couch pillow on the floor and fall. Yes, on the new floor- the new brick floor. And in case you don’t know...... a brick floor is really hard.

In my confusion and pain, I thought I had tripped over the dog, and now he was not moving. At 5:00 a.m., still on the cold brick floor, I am frantically talking to the pillow... "Butch! Butch! Are you OK?"

My 45 pound dog, finding me on the floor, thinks I want to play and takes a running jump right on top of me. I don’t have any energy to fight him off, so I just lay there. On the hard floor, hurt, with a big, happy dog on top of me.

It would be funny if it didn’t hurt so much.

Its not going to be a good day when you have to take Advil before you make coffee.

No comments: