Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday in my yard

It is so easy for me to get discouraged. It is taking A LOT longer to get the house and yard into shape than I had anticipated. And I am anxious. I am anxious to have everything in place. But, I must admit, looking around the yard today makes me appreciate how much work we have already done!

Jasmine is climbing the trellis and blooming. It smells so good!

A Joe Pye Weed plant has come up. It was left for me to find. It has not bloomed yet- but someone told me it will bloom large purple flowers. We are waiting and watching.

This flowering bush is another nice surprise that some unknown previous Gardner left for me to find. I don't know what it is. Do you have any idea?

I have a Hydrangea waiting to be planted by front walk.

We planted a "privacy fence" of Leland Cyprus trees. They don't look like much now, but are suppose to be 6' wide x 6' tall in just a couple of years, then grow to 30'.

Lantana, planted below my dining room window, is blooming for the first time. This plant was originally planted below my dining room window at my last house, then dug up and moved with me to this new house. Finally! Its blooming! I will sit back and wait for the butterflies to visit.

Banana tree plant is growing. We have planted atleast ten of these.

Azalea bush STILL has blooms! Every other bush has already quit blooming. Mine is a late bloomer- literally.

1 comment:

gin said...

ohhh, a lot of flowers. they look good.