Monday, December 22, 2008

I just stepped out to announce.... It was SNOWING.

God must have been giggling last December, when we were looking at houses to buy.... as I stood on broken tiles in the middle of what is now my kitchen and I looked out the bay window into the backyard and the field beyond it, thinking of that pasture with frost on the ground.... but I could never have imagined that the first Christmas in the house.... I would look out that window and not see any frost..... but see 4 inches of snow!


The dog had never seen snow.... in fact, I have only seen it three times!

This is looking in the back yard and pasture from the warm kitchen.


The Crepe Myrtle tree in front yard may never be the same. Its limbs aren't suppose to be touching the ground like that.


Ditto for the Crepe Myrtle in the side yard....


It was beautiful. Until I had to leave the warm kitchen, then it was just cold and wet....

I am going back in for a while.....

8 comments:

tammi said...

Wow, only three times, eh? Well, consider it an early Christmas present from your friend up on the Canadian prairies... who has more than enough to share!!! (I'd love to pass on a few degrees of cold, too ~ would you mind?) It looks beautiful!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Bobbie!!

gin said...

Merry Christmas!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

It's simply gorgeous! I love the way your trees look under the weight of the snow...I wonder if I got myself a crepe myrtle - would it survive?

Elizabeth said...

It's nice to read another post again. I hope that you have enjoyed Christmas and that you are still enjoying the Season.

I love the snow pics...You have a crepe myrtle? We don't have those trees out West here, but we had one in North Carolina years ago.

God bless,
Elizabeth

LillyB said...

Snow...to a lady that is hot and flashing like me...that sounds like Heaven. I could sleep outside in a hammock right now and be at rest LOL I'm so tired of being hot. Every one makes smart remarks "It's not hot in here!" as they seem little beads of sweat on my brow. I smile and try not to speak!!!!
Your pictures are beautiful! I am glad to hear you are doing well. Miss hearing about you and yours! Write again soon. I need a soup recipe for Cream of Brocolli ;)
God Bless you!!

Darlene said...

Love the pictures!
Did you go to Gulf Shores this time?
Blessings,
Darlene

Sharon said...

Oh myyyyy, I don't like that kind of weather, and I don't like the hurricanes here, I am sorry about your plants wow I hope they can bounce back.... The snow is beautiful though, we don't see that here in florida. :)
Happy New Year my friend looking forward to sharing more of God's word with you next year
God Bless
Sharon

the Michel's said...

Happy New Year!!