Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Garden Plans

Things I plan to do this weekend

Things I plan to do this month

Ways I've dreamed up to torture myself

Spring dreams

Things I plan to do when it is not 29 degrees outside


Plans:


1. Fertilize Crepe Myrtle trees, Jasmine, Oriental Magnolia tree and Gardenia (actually will do this weekend- must do this while still cold);

2. Plant Camilla bushes (again, must do this month- the sooner the better to develop adequate roots);

3. Make new bed and plant all Amaryllis bulbs in front yard at dining room window (about 15 of these plants through out the house and garage and cant do until April);

4. Make bed and plant pink rose garden in back yard by fence (must do so this month or early March... I'm running out of time.....);

5. Transplant the Louisiana Iris from around garage and big tree in back yard to new bed across yard (this was suppose to be done last month and it now may never happen);

6. Borrow the tiller;

7. Transplant random lilies in front yard to new back yard bed (in April);

8. Clean up the two Cannas beds, make a brick border and make room for the white ones my mother in law is rooting for me (must do now... as in ....NOW)

9. Make beds and plant Hydrangeas in side yard (this is just a fantasy....)

10. Plant geraniums in pots by kitchen door (another fantasy)

11. Get sharper shovel

12. Be hospitalized for exhaustion

13. Explore the clearance aisles at Wal-Mart for left over Christmas bulbs (I'm really too late for this);

14. Nurse the ailing palm tree on back porch and the two frost damaged mother in law tongues on front porch back to health; (I'm delirious if I think this will really happen)and

15. Give up. Start drinking.

7 comments:

Christy said...

I think that my garden plans are a lot like yours. I always dream too big and then end up on the porch with a iced margarita! Good luck to you and your dreams.

one frugal lady said...

That is one heck of a to do list! I have a huge plan for our yard this year too! Just waiting for sunshine!

Unknown said...

Just gone through your garden plans and found it interesting. You seems to be great lover of garden arts. Iflorist.co.uk

E. Tyler Rowan said...

If it were my list, it would only contain #15. :) I have a black, plant-murdering thumb.

Pegi said...

I know your yard will look beautiful this Spring - - but instead of taking up drinking - - try a Bible Study ! Works everytime

Jena Webber said...

OH, what a spring list. Ours still involves shoveling! what a Southern gal kind of list!

I don't even recognize half of those shrubs and trees. Good job.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Color me jealous. I wish I had a green thumb instead of two black ones!