Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not long for this world

This is the bush right beside my kitchen door.



The one I've never liked.

Late last night I detailed my plan and recruited an accomplice.

Notice the chain?

The other end is around the bumper of the truck. The truck that the husband and the dog are sitting in, ready to peel out. The goal was to finally rid myself of this bush. Operation get rid of the bush has not gone as planned.

I've been daydreaming about what I will do when the bush is gone.

Like put something smaller and prettier and lower to the ground in its spot. Something that the wasp don't like to build nests in. Something that does not shield my view from the kitchen window. Maybe something that flowers.

See the sad little azalea bush next to it? I have to decide if I should nurse it back to health and then maybe I'll add another azalea plant. That part of the plan has not come together yet either.

Chain broke twice and the bush is still in the same spot.

Tomorrow, the bush might be introduced to plan B with a chainsaw involved.

3 comments:

gin said...

What if plan B doesn't work? This could be a bush with its own plan!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I think you might need to do some digging first. Get the soil loose all around the tree, expose the roots a bit, and maybe even get the chain looped under through the roots. At least that's what we had to do with our nuissance tree...

Scientific Housewife said...

I need to do that with the lantana bush in our backyard. It gets so big and covers our bay windows, I need to move it to a fence or something.