Thursday, September 23, 2010

Souvenirs

I spent some of my precious and rare vacation time browsing in antique stores. I'd like to say it was after sleeping in all morning, having a big breakfast in bed and then leisurely starting the day... but the first few days of vacation I was still in my normal work day mode, and up at 5:00a.m. much to my husband's shock and grief.  I finally did simmer down, but it took a few days.

These blue and white china platters came from a shop in Grant's Pass, Oregon, one of our favorite stops. We were there last year. Looked forward to eating at the same little spot: Blondie's Bistro. (We had the table by the window, and the house salad. It is wonderful- it has pecans, dried cranberries, apples and blue cheese crumbles!)  One antique store in the charming downtown area was open on Labor Day. We window shopped the rest. I met the former owner of these plates. He was from Georgia. Very familiar with the same hot and humid summers I am. He completely understood us vacationing two years in a row in the exact same spot. He vacationed in Oregon and then moved.

One Black Toile metal tray came from the same shop. The round one was from a shop in Gold Beach.


I started a wall of round trays  above the kitchen china cabinet.

:
The platters moved into their new home,  was introduced to their new friends, and are very happy looking down on the living room from the (very tall) bookcases


This wall in the kitchen of black trays is pretty much complete.


5 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Gorgeous!

You know, I am always keeping one eye open for your collectibles, but we just don't do "junkin'" here in Canada like you do in the US. I could probably find them in a genuine antique store, but then I'd have to sell one of my children to make the purchase. ;)

I love your house!

Pegi said...

What a beautiful collection ! Everything fits so well together! Your house has become a 'home'!

gin said...

beautiful. I love them.

Mari said...

Hi Bobbie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You got some good finds! I love your house too.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I especially love the black trays! Gorgeous on the wall! Don't you love antique stores? So fun!