Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grown up brownies

as the husband has named them. I've made them two weekends in a row. I also gained 1.6 pounds (not kidding... I gained 1.6 pounds).

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Melt 4 squares of unsweetened baker's choclate in microwave with a stick and a half of butter. (wonder how I gained those 1.6 pounds?)

Let cool a little, then add 4 eggs, 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of flour. (Its really a wonder how I did not gain more....)

Mix well.

Put half the batter in a 9x13 pan that has been lined in foil and cook for 20 minutes.

Melt an entire bag of carmels with 1/3 cup heavy cream and mix in 1 cup of pecans (seriously... Im thinking I should have gained at least 2.6 pounds.)

Whatever remains from mixture that you dont eat immediately, spread on top of brownies. Put remaining batter on top and ..... (and just to make sure you gain 1.6 pounds in one weekend) sprinkle one cup of pecans on top. 

Bake an additional 25-30  minutes.

Try not to devour them all at once, as they really are better the next day.

Wake up from sugar coma on Monday and immediately go here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just found your blog and it is absolutely darling! Thanks! ~jen