Wednesday, October 13, 2010

the little mirror that needs some attention

This little mirror sat in my Aunt Aliree's guest bathroom.




It sat in the middle of a large mirrored tray surrounded by lipstick, nail polish and Chanel No. 5. During the day, (many, many times during the day), my aunt walked in that guest bathroom and re-applied lipstick.

When she died three years ago, I got the little mirror.... only because it was unwanted and put in a giveaway box, so I snatched it up fast.

Now it sits in my guest bathroom. But, it wont sit up straight. Just looks down all the time.

My husband couldn't fix it. The jeweler couldn't fix it. All my tricks didn't work on it. (I tried to tape a penny to the back, and that didn't fix it. So, I'm out of tricks)  Seems the little springs in the mirror handles are cross threaded- or just plain worn out- or something. The jeweler told me, but.... I cant remember. All I remember is the part where he said there was nothing he could do.

I'm open to your suggestions.

3 comments:

gin said...

of course you know I have a suggestion for it. I'll send you the instructions.

Scientific Housewife said...

It will look great when you fix it.

Pegi said...

It loves it's new Home - so, I would just let it sit - and be itself.