Sunday, November 21, 2010

My spend month

Apparently, were having a spend as much as you can month in my household and apparently we are very successful at it. Thus far, we have bought 8 belts, 2 pair of shoes, 2 pair of boots, one pair of jeans, a cowboy shirt, 4 skirts, a 32 inch TV for the bedroom, a new bed, a contractor to finish (finally!) two sets of french doors and complete the paint job I half-heartily started and then abandoned half done in the bedroom (Valspar Midnight Bayou), a printer and fax machine, a DVR, rolls and rolls of waterproofing wrap to put under the siding, one truckload of concrete for garage foundation, a Christmas CD, a fabric steamer, and planned the annual Thanksgiving weekend in Gulf Shores, Alabama where the successful  frenzy of spending will continue at the black Friday mayhem and madness. I see several no spend months in my very near future.

3 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

That's a lot of spending... but I'm sure you needed all of that, right? :)

bethan said...

lol, i have months every so often where i end up spending a ton, all of it necessities!

thanks for your sweet comment on how to handle thanksgiving!

x.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

LOL! Made me feel better about not participating in the no spend month. ;)