Sunday, January 9, 2011

What I cooked today

Crawfish Tortellini (Recipe from newspaper)

Saute  1/2 chopped onion in  four tablespoons of butter.

Add tablespoon of minced garlic:
 

Add crawfish tails and cook for five minutes.



Look for this sign:


Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.


Add 1/8 cup fresh parsley (I skip this part).  Add 3/4 pint of whipping cream.  (I mix whipping cream and half and half.) Add one tablespoon of corn starch and stir until dissolved and thick.



 Boil about half a big package of Tortellini and add to sauce. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.

I also add this:


serve now or put in casserole dish to warm in oven later. Or package for lunch tomorrow.


2 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

WOW! That looks amazing! Where did you find the crawfish tails, can't find them up here in middle TN. Wonder if you could sub other seafood?

Blessings, Beth Ann

gin said...

yum! I'll take a serving, or two!