Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Excitement


Butch's presents all ready to go.

Husband got me a new pink rose bush for my pink rose garden and two red climbing roses. He did such a good job. Got me one I didn't already have. This one is "First Prize".

Had early V day lunch at Middendorf's in Manchac. Restaurant opened in 1934. Exactly half way between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, which makes it the perfect place to stop and eat.  When I was a kid I remember my Aunt Margie bringing me here to get fried catfish. Still serves cokes in glass bottles. My husband remembers boating here with his father when he was a kid.


Ate and looked out at Lake Pontchartrain. It was a blistering 60 degrees. (sorry.... husband made me throw that in for my snowed in friend....)


Restaurant survived Katrina almost untouched but This is what it looked like after Hurricane Ike in 2008.


1 comment:

gin said...

how cute of butch to give his girlfriends a valentine! I love Middendorfs too.