Thursday, August 4, 2011

Paula Deen's three chocolate cookies

I've been making these a loooong time. They are my husband's favorite.

Sit two sticks of butter on the counter first thing in the morning and forget about it until your ready to cook. Guaranteed to be soft when you finally remember you were making cookies today.

Mix the soft butter with 1/2 cup (or 1/2 stick) of Crisco.

Mix in 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 3/4 cup brown sugar. Warning. Do not use brown sugar splenda. Not only will it mess up the taste  the cookie wont be chewy. Learn from my mistakes. I'm nothing if not an example of what not to do.
Add three eggs.

Add one tablespoon vanilla. blend well.

In a different bowl, mix 3 1/4 cup flour with

two teaspoons baking soda and one teaspoon salt. Introduce the dry bowl to the wet bowl and blend well.

Add one bag of milk chocolate chips and
1 cup of English toffee chips (I use 1 1/2 cups).  


So wheres the third chocolate in the three chocolate cookies? The original recipe says add some (3 squares?) bittersweet chocolate you've chopped up. I usually skip that part. Is there such a thing as chocolate overload? I never thought Id say that.....

Bake at 375  for 11- 12 minutes and let cool. There better when cooler, and better when there is no splenda involved.

1 comment:

Kelli Herrington said...

I love Paula and these cookies have my mouth watering. Thanks for sharing and cant wait to whip some up! Have a great weekend