|Notepads and post-it notes, pens, |
matches, batteries and two tape measures
neatly arranged in the Secretary
|different sizes of Ziploc bags, tin foil, |
plastic wrap and coffee filters
in what use to be the junk drawer
What did I take away from this?
- Projects usually don't take as long as I think they will. It took more mental energy to ignore the junk drawer (for years!) than it did to actually change it.
- Kitchen drawers are expensive real estate and having one unusable is unacceptable.
- I can ignore a problem but it wont go away by itself.
- I'm usually more successful if I start each project with the end goal in mind.
- Even skinny drawers that I think aren't suitable for much, are able to be put in use.
- Even a little bit of success, makes me proud, happy and ready to tackle a bigger project.