Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving details



Pumpkin Dump Cake from  Comfy in the Kitchen (page 68 of her FREE Thanksgiving Recipe book. Get it here)

Beat one can of Easy Pumpkin Pie filing with 2 eggs and one can of evaporated milk. Pour into prepared pan (I recommend Temptations cookware) and cover with a 1/2 box yellow cake mix, one cup of pecans (original recipe said walnuts) and one stick of butter melted. Bake for 40 minutes. (I like it a little more brown and crunchy on top so I baked for 50 minutes).

Cool. Then refrigerate. Serve cold with cool whip.

Make an extra one for the neighbor.



Making surprise  "Thanksgiving gifts" for the in laws. Thought all the girls in the family could do "keeping our hearts focused on Jesus" Bible study this year. It starts November 26 and it is FREE from Good morning girls.  Down load it here

Made little folders for everyone, with hot chocolate, candy cane and a bookmark in the front pocket. I wanted to add a pen and highlighter too, but didn't get around to adding it.



White Chocolate Butter bars (recipe from Cookies and Cups as part of her "busy people still need sweets that start with a cake mix" week... my favorite week!)

Mix one box of yellow cake mix with one stick of butter and one egg. Press it into a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips on top. Beat one brick cream cheese with 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons vanilla. Pour over chips and bake at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes (until center looks set). Wait until it cools, cut into squares and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

Try not to eat every single one by myself.

My Thanksgiving test drive with Sally Hansen. Day three, one major chip and I've now decided that grey isn't my color (although my adult nieces were crazy for the color).  I might try this again in a different (brighter) color.

1 comment:

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

I love your bible study for all the girls:) and I make similar bars...lots of different versions. I think my favorite is oatmeal butterscotch. I'll have to try w/white Choc.