Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Red Velvet Cookies Made with Red Velvet Cake Mix

Can't find a simpler homemade cookie than this one... or possibly a more messy one to make.

Long holiday weekend was so exhausting, I need a simple cookie.  I didn't fully clean the kitchen after making this, and husband wondered in the next morning, saw all the powdered sugar and said, "Did you have a party in here last night?"

Why, yes. Yes, I did have a party. A party where a lot of powdered sugar was invited.

Original Recipe here (I left out the white chocolate chips... but now, I'm asking myself... why?! why would I have done something so foolish as to not invite white chocolate chips? I vote for letting them in.)



















Preheat the oven to 375 and put parchment on a baking sheet
Mix one box of Red Velvet Cake mix with two tablespoons of  flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of oil, and a teaspoon vanilla
Roll into balls
thrown balls into powdered sugar and press cookies onto parchment paper
Bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges look done but middle is still goo-ey
Sprinkle more powdered sugar on top and let cool completely

I'm linked with Whatever you Want

I'm linked with Someday Crafts

I'm linked with Ginger Snap Crafts

1 comment:

gin said...

you are forcing me to make these.