Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I wore, What I made, What I read

What I Wore:

pleated poppyMy gosh, my hair looks fluffy today. I blame the past three days of rain and humidity that brought the unusually cold weather. High temperature today was in the 50's, and I am not complaining (except about the fluffy hair).

winter white pants from Ann Taylor
blue and white jacket from Banana Republic (via my favorite consignment shop! I think I paid about $25 for it)
electric blue turtleneck from Stein Mart
multiple silver chains from an accessory shop in the mall that is now closed
Aerosole shoes "Heavy Metal" in black/mink zebra on final clearance (now I own this shoe in all three colors they made)

I'm linked with the Pleated Poppy what I wore Wednesday.

What I Made:

Hot Chicken Salad (original recipe here).

It doesn't sound very appetizing does it? Let me tell you..... it is delicious!  I will be making it again soon, I put it in small casserole dishes and brought to work to heat in the toaster oven all week.

Four of my co-workers said it smelled delicious and asked for the recipe.

Here is my modified version. (the original has peas, olives and pesto that I left out).

Boil half a box of wheat pasta and set aside
In large pot, in two tablespoons olive oil, saute one diced onion, some diced carrots, diced celery and diced garlic until soft and a little brown
Add diced cooked chicken (I used a smoked chicken and I think it made a big difference in the deliciousness of the dish. I highly recommend using a smoked chicken if you can find one)
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a half of can of milk
Add 1/4 cup mayo
Add juice of one lemon
Stir in the cooked pasta
Put in a casserole dish with some shredded cheese on top

bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.

Its going into heavy rotation at my house, and going to be what I bring for the food ministry team at my next opportunity.





















What I Read:

Who influences you? A great read here (I am going to sit down and make my own list)

This woman has rescued 900 girls from the sex trade in Argentina but is unable to find her own daughter who was kidnapped. A shocking, but inspiring read here

Apple Enchiladas (Recipe here)  possible Christmas with the in laws dish.


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Great consignment store find! Your hot chicken salad sounds goooood!!!

Auntie Em Stanton said...

Bobbie, I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! When you get your list of Directors made, please come on back and share it with me and my readers!
Melinda/Auntie Em

Nikki said...

Yummmm! This sounds delicious! I hope you found some purple tights to do an LSU look :) P.S. I love the name of your blog! I have a giveaway running right now & would love for you to enter it!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Enter my GIVEAWAY for $100 right now!