Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I wore (and cooked)

Meeting at BR Area Foundation
(looking into the sunny window)
Downtown in front of
State Capital

























What I wore:
red/orange wool skirt from J. Crew (50% off on Black Friday)
dark purple v neck sweater  from Ann Taylor (50% off  on Black Friday)
dark brown tweed blazer  from  Jones New York (very old- from JC Penny)
dark brown tall boots from Bass
brown and gold "cowboy" belt from Dillards (similar to the one Jessica Simpson wears in the Weight watcher's ad here)

What I cooked:


buttonSTYLELIXIR Style Sessions

 

Cold grilled chicken Greek pasta salad. Original recipe here.
I baked two chicken breasts in a little olive oil and mustard
I boiled half a box of wheat pasta and added two diced tomatoes, a diced cucumber, half of a diced red onion and a cup of feta cheese.
The original recipe had a dressing for the salad, but I thought it was good without it and I skipped the dressing. My husband thought it was dry.
 



I am linked with I Feel Pretty here

I am linked with What I Wore Wednesday here

I am linked with Style Exlixir here
 

16 comments:

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Your red and purple look so pretty together. That skirt is a piece that you'll be able to wear forever. And yummy recipe! Thanks for linking up today.

Alison

gin said...

i love what you wore. It looks great. So great I am going to copy the outfit. That skirt color just draws me in!

Style Journey said...

Loving your bright red skirt! I have had that pasta salad and it is delicious. Throw in some fresh mozzarella and it's even better. Heather

kateprs said...

I have a weakness for red-orange lately, it's ridiculous. I love your skirt!

Kate @ A Journey in Style

Ginny said...

Great bright skirt! It's really fun with the brown too :)
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Chelsea Davis said...

I love your boots and the pasta salad looks amazing!!

XO http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

I love a greek pasta salad, it's one of my favorite go to lunches! You look great in that red skirt!

Kacie said...

I love your outfit!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
www.daisyraeboutique.com

Jessi said...

Love the pretty j.crew skirt! And that tweed jacket is perfect. That pasta salad looks amazing right now. Im hungry! Haha.
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am loving the vibrant red with all the deep, rich neutrals, Bobbie! And the pasta looks scrumptious. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!!!
~Sarah of Sarah Hulbert Style
http://sarahhulbertstyle.com/2013/01/21/outfit-inspiration-why-i-thrift/

Kati said...

Thank you so much for your comment!

Love your look, especially the skirt!

-Kati

Regine Karpel said...

You look great!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Tallia said...

oooh i love the skirt!! pulls the outfit together (:

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Lauren @ STYLELIXIR said...

This is such a fab skirt - I love bright colors and especially red at the moment. It works so well all year round, what a great piece for your wardrobe!

Thanks so much for linking up with Style Sessions, it is lovely to have you part of it! Can't wait to see your outfit this week and look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday afternoon!

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

Nikki said...

What a fabulous and bright pop of color your skirt is! :) You look greattt!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Nikki said...

What a fabulous and bright pop of color your skirt is! :) You look greattt!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com