Last minute really quick, but really tasty Mother's Day dessert number one:
Strawberry shortcake in a trifle bowl.
- A store bought angel food cake torn into large pieces and thrown in a trifle bowl.
- Wash, dry, hull and cut up some strawberries and throw them in.
- Mix one box of strawberry Jello with one cup of boiling hot water, let it cool a little, then pour it on top
- Cover with an entire package of cool whip.
- let sit in fridge overnight
Last minute, really quick but really impressive Mother's Day dessert number two:
Chocolate covered strawberries.
- Wash and dry strawberries, but don't cut
- Melt a baking chocolate bar (I melted mine in a bowl sitting on a pot of boiling water)
- Dip strawberries and let sit on wax paper
- Store in fridge