Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beauty haul (I've been shopping...)




Macy's is having a free 7 piece gift with purchase at Estee Lauder. I would have preferred the different gift with purchase that Dillard's was doing last week but I wasn't quick enough (I was on vacation and not even thinking about it).  The gift: lip gloss, lipstick, mascara, tanning lotion and day cream with a Lilly Pulitzer small coin purse and matching tote bag. I'm looking forward to trying everything.

I am on a J. R. Watkins kick. I discovered it at  Cracker Barrel  (of all places!) and now can't get enough of their products. I love that this is made in the USA, has been around for 150 years and started as a family business. The peppermint foot lotion makes my feet tingle! and its 98% natural ingredients.

Mirabella Lipstick was in my May Birchbox. I thought it was too bright and it took me a whole month before I even tried it. I cant believe how pretty it is. Its sheer and it brightens my whole face. I use it every morning, now and it fakes a well-rested look.

The teal nail polish was an impulse buy at Target and has been making an appearance on my toes only. Honestly. I don't like it. We have a "beauty ministry" at church that gives makeovers and cosmetics to underprivileged teens. They accept gently used cosmetics. It makes buying something just to try a lot less painful, because I know the teens will put it to use.



This is what I bought at Macy's to get my free gift, Stay Flawless All Day makeup kit, with foundation, concealer, primer and a makeup brush.  I heard from Emily at Beauty Broadcast that this is her favorite high end foundation, and this is what my sister in law uses.  I have never used Estee Lauder and wanted to try it. (thus far, I love it!) Gift time is the perfect time for testing out so many things. I love a gift with purchase. (On a side note... I remember being a little girl and going to the makeup counter with one of my aunts when she got a gift with purchase. They gave me a free sample of something or other. I thought it was so glamorous.)

One of the things I love about ordering from Ulta. Free samples with every order and you can pick if you want skincare, makeup or fragrance. I picked the fragrance samples this time and three promptly arrived with my order.





This was my Ulta order. On vacation, the hotel provided Peter Thomas Roth products and I loved them all, especially the shampoo and conditioner (I'm kicking myself for not attempting to smuggle some out). I liked it so much I immediately ordered full sizes  when I got home.

Did you see this article  and this one and this one about L'oreal Wet Shine Stains (about $8) being the exact same thing as YSL Glossy Stains (about $34). They are made by the same parent company. Even though I don't like lip gloss, it convinced me to give it a try. Verdict? I love it. Its not sticky or too shiny, all the things I don't like about lip gloss, and its a real stain that last quite a while. I'm on the hunt for more colors.

No comments: