Saturday, February 2, 2008

My charmed Saturday mornings

For quite some time now, my husband and I have been getting up early each Saturday morning and going out to breakfast at a small little place nearby. When I was a kid, it was a Drug Store, which has now moved to a nicer building down the road. The same people still own the building and tried their hand at a breakfast/lunch spot. Its a huge success because it is really good food.

Recently, however, a few of my husband's friends have decided that is a great time and place to also have breakfast and have made plans to meet him there for breakfast also. Not that I really mind the others joining us, but sometimes I decide to let him go alone to visit with his male friends while I sleep in. Saturday is the only day I do get to sleep in, afterall. As much as I enjoy Saturday breakfast out with the husband, I do enjoy extra sleep.

Which is exactly what I did this morning. Then I was awaken (after sleeping late which is 8:00 a.m. at my house) with a to go order of biscuit and gravy and the morning paper, which I ate and read in bed while watching The Food Network and HGTV.

I know, I know.... Im living a charmed life.

The life of leisure did not last- because the new floor is going in next week and that concrete subfloor isnt going to clean itself.

No comments: