Monday, May 7, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday, May 7, 2012

Outside my window... Even though I think I planted them in too much sun, all three azalea plants and the one Camilla bush all have new leaves so I'm taking that as a good sign. what is even more surprising is the Hydrangea from my Maw-Maw's house (transplanted three times over a 15 year period) has three blooms and the one lavender plant is blooming.

I am thinking... the plants are all gonna make it and it is a miracle.

I am thankful for... Mondays spent at home. Didn't feel good today. Called in sick.

From the learning rooms..... Started this Bible Study.

From the kitchen... Since the husband's recent doctor visit, a whole lot less baking and a whole lot more steamed veggies and boneless skinless chicken breast is going down in my kitchen. (tonight's menu: chicken breast, green beans, and corn)

I am wearing... the oldest pair of shorts I own. I honestly think I wore them in high school. They should be thrown out, but they are oh, so comfy.

I am going... to the dryer then back to lay down in bed.

I am hoping... My favorite niece gets that engineering job in Lafayette and one of my youth at church brings the two F's up in two weeks to pass.

I am hearing... Way too much hum of the air conditioner. Its going to be over 90 today (for the fifth day in a row).

I am creating....A menu in my head. I have two food ministry packages to make next week. I'm thinking PB&J bars will be involved. (They had Butter Cake last time, and Oreo Cookies the time before that)

Around the house... I'm looking for a rug for under the kitchen table. Its difficult to find a 6'6" round rug. Everything is either 6' or 7'7". I need something between those two sizes.

I am looking forward to... Dancing with the Stars tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week....fighting my way through the new mountain of paperwork on my desk. When you miss a day, it multiples.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... my neighbors' yellow rose bush that I swear she does nothing but ignore but is rewarded with multiple continuous blooms. I often threaten to cut some in the middle of the night for my kitchen, instead I just steal a picture.














Linking with the Simple Woman's Daybook here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How special to have a Hydrangea that your Maw-Maw owned! I enjoy gardening, too.

Pat M said...

That is one lovely rose! And, the photo will outlast the actual flower! What a great post format. It was interesting all the way through. I feel like I spent the day with you! Thank you!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Up in New England we don't even have blossoms on our roses yet and we certainly don't have hydrangeas blooming. they won't be going till the end of summer. But, we do have other flowers and they all look very pretty.