Thursday, November 15, 2012

buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake

Im linked to Cindy (Walking in Grace and Beauty favorite of the week)!

I highly recommend going to make this as soon as possible.  Original recipe from Alexandra Cooks
 
BETTER than any blueberry muffin I've ever  had the pleasure of meeting. Its light, and fluffy but rich at the same time.
 
I've given an unbaked pan to the neighbor for a surprise treat on a weekday morning.
 
I've brought a pan to work and received lavish praise.
 
I'm gifting an unbaked pan to my sister in law to soothe her frazzled nerves during her marathon Thanksgiving morning prep.
 
Its good enough to gift!
 
Pre-heat oven to 350.
 
Cream 1/2 cup butter with 2 tsp lemon zest (I also added  a good squeeze of juice from the lemon) and 7/8 cup sugar until fluffy.


 
Add one egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
 
Toss 2 cups blueberries with 1/4 cup flour and set aside.
 




 

Meanwhile.... at the other side of the kitchen..... in a different bowl, combine 2 cups flour with  2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 tablespoon salt.
 
Add slowly to the wet mixture
 


Add 1/2 cup buttermilk.

Gently add blueberries. Fold them in.

Grease a 9 x 9 pan (or 4 small bakers like I did. I am in Love with Temptations cookware) and pour mixture in.

Sprinkle with a tablespoon (or three) sugar.

Cook for 35 minutes or so (check with a toothpick).

I only regret I don't have the finished picture, but I was too busy scarfing it down to have it pose for photos.

Alexandra, however, has lovely pictures. Yes. This really does look that good.

I'm plotting when I can get another one together....

No comments: