Thursday, January 10, 2008

There's a bee in my bonnet

Getting into this house has been a job.

The sale of my old house was relatively problem free, which is code for, it took three hours to close the house when it should have taken 45 minutes. There was a question at the last minute, but it was ultimately completed and an 82 year old man and his 78 year old wife- who have been married for 1 year - are now settling into their first home together.

The closing on my new house was not nearly as pain free. So many things went wrong that being sued for backing out of the signed contract to purchase the house was a very real possibility on more than one occasion. And apparently, the entire population of surveyors collectively decide to take a vacation during the Christmas/New Year's week and do not accept any work. No matter how hard you cry.

But now the stress of the closing is slowly melting away only to be replaced by the stress of cleaning/remodeling our new home.

But when I walked into the house yesterday for the first time since it is officially ours, I was taken by the beauty of the triple crown molding. I, of course, knew that we had crown molding.... but it was not something you could fully appreciate until its been cleaned and painted. I am not kidding when I say that I wandered around the house for a full 10 minutes staring at the beauty of the triple crown molding.

Until my husband snapped me out of my trance and put me to work cleaning kitchen cabinets.

1 comment:

gin said...

i'm so glad i saw your house today. i love the 2 story foyer and living room ceiling. it is very nice. i know you and hubby will enjoy making it your new home. can't wait to visit again in a few weeks and see the progress.