Sunday, March 16, 2008

Menu planning










More menu planning: visit: http://orgjunkie.com

Sunday
Mexican Casserole
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook 1 pound of lean ground meat with 1/2 chopped onion until brown, drain. Add 1 package of taco seasoning, I can of re fried beans, 1 small can of green Chiles, 1 can corn, 1 can black beans and 8 Oz's. tomato sauce. Heat through. In a 9x13 casserole dish coat with cooking spray, spread out 1 can of low fat crescent rolls, sealing perforations. Spread meat mixture on top. Cover with 2% shredded cheddar cheese. Place second can of crescents on top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crescents are golden.

Monday
English muffin pizza.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put a spoonful or two of pizza sauce on a toasted English muffin. Add pepperoni and shredded cheese. Add chopped breakfast pre-cooked sausage, chopped onion and chopped green peppers. Bake 5-10 minutes.

Tuesday
Chicken Baseballs
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 4 Oz's of low fat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons margarine, 1/2 chopped onion,some chopped celery, salt and pepper. Add chopped chicken and stir. Separate reduced fat crescent roll dough into 4 rectangle and seal perforations. Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto each rectangle. Pull up opposite corners to center and seal.Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes.

Thursday
Chicken and cheese Enchiladas
Mix shredded chicken with 3/4 can of enchilada sauce, a handful of chopped cilantro, 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans, and shredded cheese. Stir well and roll into flour tortillas. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover. Add more cheese. bake another 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and guacamole

Friday
Eating out

8 comments:

Connie said...

I think my kids would love the English Muffin Pizza's! Thanks for the great idea.

Have a wonderful week!

Nic said...

The emlish muffin pizzas are always a hit in our house. The children all choose their own toppings and maek as many as they think they can eat. Have a great Easter.

Exie said...

In response to your comment on my page... no I haven't read any of Peter's books. I don't do a lot of reading... hence why I like watching clean sweep :) :)

I enjoy reading your blog... thanks for visiting.

Mom24 said...

I had forgotten all about english muffin pizzas. My 7 year old just discovered english muffins, I bet he will love these. Thanks! Your mexican recipes sound interesting too.

Aisling said...

sorry I'm late commenting.
I've never done that with crescent rolls. Although my usual supermarket doesn't stock them, I'd have to pop to a different one, I might try that.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Sounds like you will be eating well this week! Yummy. Might steal a few of your ideas (and triple the recipes, lol). =)

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi, yes I do Weight Watchers. I go into weigh once a month but I do follow their point system. I joined in 1989 and worked for them for a number of years. It is the best plan for losing weight. Right now I am paying a fee when I go but soon that will be over, "again"!!
I enjoyed my visit here.
Mama Bear

threesidesofcrazy said...

I have to try those chicken baseballs! Sounds like a fun week. We only have the Cheesy au gratin potatoes infrequently. I developed the recipe for my son's birthday at his request, but definitely too rich for everyday. Thanks for stopping by.