Friday, October 3, 2008

mornings have been slow at my house...

Well, truth be told... the evenings arn't a whirl of activity either....

I love Fall.... I hate Fall....

The beautiful weather! The beautiful blue sky! The pain in my head! The ringing in my ears!

The change of weather brings my favorite season and much anticipated cooler weather, but it also brings hay fever/alergies/sinus problems, which leaves me feeling fuzzy headed, achy all over, a little dizzy and just unable to crawl out of bed each morning.

When Fall rolls around, I am secretly an 80 year old, I am just trapped in this 39 year old's body.... OK... not so secretly trapped.

Where I use to jump out of bed at 5:30 to make my husband breafast, and tackle some laundry or dishs before work, now I barely crawl out of bed at 6:30 to watch him carry a granola bar with his usual cup of coffee out the door.

The poor dog has been following me around the house with the most pitiful look on his little face. He wants to go walking. I want to go back to bed.

This does not help... but I cant control myself. I see the pretty flowers blooming in my yard and have an overwhelming desire to bring them inside to look at all the time (and an unfortunate side effect: smell all the time).



There are grocery stores I need to visit, Apple crisps I want to make, Laundry I want to fold, books to read, calls to make, bible studies to plan....But it gets dark by 7:00p each night, my cue to get a bath and get in bed.

Its difficult to get much done when 7:00p is your bedtime.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you must be reading my mind. I like to cooler weather ..in the upper 70's and lower 80's...but, I don't like it getting dark so soon. Sinus problems now for 2 weeks! Yuck! Now I have just discovered a fever blister. Yikes! this is not fun.
But, I do like seeing the pumpkins and scarecrows and I am really enjoying the football season.
Have a great weekend!
Hope you feel froggy soon.
Darlene

Sharon said...

Heyyy can I relate!!!!amennnn
I missed monday from work because of the headache I had, they say it was a migraine. But it is my sinus's because saturday we had our women's ministry, I was trying to not show anything was wrong and really trying to get through it, but at one point I thought I was going to faint, my head felt like it wasn't even attached the room was spinning, and then I felt the headache coming and by Monday it was truly extreme. Yes I haven't had it in me to clean, cook, and my dog is lucky that mom has had enough energy to just throw his toy across the room for him to fetch. "poor baby" But today so far the headache is fading, amennn.

yes I CAN relate!! Hope it gets better for you as well
Sharon
Blessings to you!

Julie said...

so sorry, it is raining here this morning and I just want to go back to bed, but my two little ones won't let me. It stinks!

I made apple crisp yesterday and it is delcious... it will make you feel better, so yummy.

Oh and pretty soon it is going to start getting dark here around 3... isn't that insane... wish I could go to bed then!