Friday, November 14, 2008

A little bit of a warning....


Remember my Fall decoration? I now have some new information to share...

Candy corn catches on fire. Literally. It catches on fire.... who knew?

12 comments:

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

Oh gosh! That must have been an adventure. Glad to know, I will now avoid bringing candy corn and an open flame near one another. :)

Julie said...

oh my, I had no idea!

gin said...

That's funny now. I bet it wasn't so funny when you saw it burning.

ValleyGirl said...

Huh. I would never have guessed. Mine would never have stayed in the lantern long enough! I can't resist candy corn. That must have been quite a sight.

LillyB said...

Oh Bless your heart! I had no idea. I used your idea but I didnt burn the candle! I ate most of the candy corn lol!!
Thank you for the warning!!

Cuzn said...

I'm still laughing as I write this note - - - - So thankful NO ONE WAS HURT.

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

OH my gosh! I hope no one was hurt, but that is hilarious! I had no idea!!!!!!!!

M ^..^

Melanie said...

So do coffee beans! I went for a similar look but with coffee beans around my candle. Looks great until you let the candle burn down. Not good.

Smelling Coffee said...

So sorry about that! It looked so cute - and I have a candle in coffee beans that has burned down to almost to the beans - I'll learn from you girls and change out my candle! Thanks for the heads up. :-)

Amy said...

It does? Who knew...Thanks for telling us, because I won't use it around any candles. Hope it wasn't too scary! Amy :)

Danielsen5 said...

At least you have that beautiful picture to remember it by. Do you have an after photo to share as well? LOL

Blessings, Beth Ann

one frugal lady said...

Geez... I guess it all seems funny now though!