Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whats Blooming?

In almost blooming news....Lantana Plants under the dining room window. One plant is from Aunt Aliree's house, one plant is from Aunt Dot's house and one was found on clearance at Home Depot. I've long since forgot which is which. Except the one from Home Depot is purple, and has never bloomed. I am waiting to see what appears this year. And making yet another mental note to get a garden journal so I can stop trying to remember all this.


A promise of another ( A touch of class) rose:


Confederate Jasmine (Oh!! It smells so good) is just starting to bloom. My goal is to cover the entire side fence with it. I can slowly see progress. Each is inching itself toward its neighbor. Clearly, they are shy. I have half a mind to plant some more in between them to speed this thing up.


Moments before sitting on my bathroom counter, it was sitting in the yard:


The only Amaryllis to bloom this year. The others aren't mature enough, but next April, the plan is to have about 12 or so of these beauties all going off at the same time:


1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

I think we have that jasmine in our backyard but it's only one plant and it's slowly growing up our fence :)