Sunday, January 8, 2012

January Challenge(s)

What:
A challenge to radically spend less in January. Alot of other people seem to be doing a variation of the same thing this month.

When:
Staring each week on Sunday

Why: 
I've been on a non-stop eating, spending and socializing tour since Thanksgiving.  It's exhausting and we (me and the checkbook) need some time apart.

How:
I have a $25 weekly grocery budget (for household) and a $20 weekly lunch budget (for me only). I know....radical.

This week groceries:
Shouldn't really count because I went shopping last week without restrictions, but...
Breakfast: Waffles (from mix in pantry), bagel (already in fridge) and fruit, cereal (from pantry), scrambled eggs and cheese (already in fridge)
Lunch: leftovers from dinner with small supplication of lunch budget
Dinner:  Blackeye peas (already in the pantry) and ham  (Christmas leftovers) in crockpot, cornbread, meatloaf, baked potatoes, spaghetti, big salad (already in the fridge), meatballs (from the freezer) with sweet and sour sauce, cereal and soup (from a can in the pantry).

Lunch budget:
Monday: Mexican restaurant with Julie (a surprise treat from her, and she doesn't know about this challenge) Thursday, Roly Poly with Barbara ($5.37); Friday afternoon salted caramel latte ($.3 and a gift card)


Bought $24.83 in groceries on Friday afternoon. Its a pathetically small amount. These next few weeks will be... interesting. (but I am starting this week with a big pot of stew...)

.....and because I'm  crazy a glutton for punishment, off in the head, don't know when to stop,  overly-ambitious (and I got up at 4:00a when the hubs woke me up going fishing last week), I am also doing this challenge.

and this one.

and this one.

No comments: