Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 days of simple organization:: Day 23: organized the things that matter for prayer


My prayer journal was originally put together as a project with my mentoree at church. I've had it for at least 10 years, but it took me a few years to start putting the date next to the request and also going back putting updated information, both of which was very helpful. I also don't use it every day. In fact, there has been months that I've set it down and forgot about it. But, its also pretty easy to pick back up again.

Monday: Myself
Tuesday: My husband
Wednesday Friends and Family
Thursday: Specific requests
Friday: Orphans
Saturday: National, State and local leaders
Sunday: Youth at church

A magnetic board inside one kitchen cabinet holds pictures of three of my Compassion International children and two children in a mission my church sponsors in Mexico. Every time I open my cabinet I see a picture of them and I'm reminded to pray for them.

He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD! (Ps. 113:9)



It also reminds me of the things that do matter and that some things don't matter (I love this blog post and my favorite line is: stop seeking to succeed at things that we can’t take beyond our grave.)

No comments: