Saturday, November 17, 2012

Home made dog treats


Saturday afternoon  the weekend before Thanksgiving confessions:

I have a lot to do this weekend and weekend made even busier since I was sick and missed a few days from work, instead of working one afternoon at home, I chased a lost dog for an hour and a half, then decided at the last minute that my sister in law and nieces should have Thanksgiving gifts (a continuation of the happy project),  and then made last minute plans to have a Pampered Chef party and that my Sunday School class should make two Christmas Child shoeboxes, and Thanksgiving menu is in early stages of planning.... meaning I still have no idea what I'm bringing to my in laws.

Making homemade dog biscuits was not on the list.

Somewhere between dropping off dessert to the funeral ministry and my afternoon sugar and caffeine fix  Starbuck's, I thought Butch needed a little special attention... and I need a break from laundry.

He gets homemade dog treats from the farmer's market every weekend. But the dog bakery hasn't been there for the last three weeks in a row.... I felt I had to step in.

I am excellent at finding reasons to be lured off a to do list.

Recipe from Racheal Ray's Magazine

Pre-heat oven to 375.

Mix 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour with 1/2 cup of yeast (1 jar), 1 cup of chicken broth  (or water) and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. Form into dough. Roll onto floured surface and use cookie cutter to make shapes.

My grandma would have a cow if she knew her biscuit cutter was making dog biscuits.

I hear her saying "Bobbie!" right now.....

Bake for 40 minutes until brown and crispy.



















We give them four paws up!




1 comment:

gin said...

They look like people cookies. What a great mom you are to your doggie!