Sunday, February 24, 2013

Perhaps, the most fabulous weekend ever

The first half of Saturday was spent in my PJs reading, resting and doing Bible study in bed. I honestly cant remember a more restful morning and early afternoon. The second half of Saturday was spent in the kitchen(but in a good way), cleaning, rearranging and just puttering around.

Saturday evening,  a girl scout knocked on my door with a bag full of cookies.


Saturday night we skipped our date night in favor of staying in, but I didn't have anything planned to cook. This is where the quickest dinner ever comes in handy.

Whole wheat cheese tortellini found in my freezer
chicken sausage found in my freezer
fresh asparagus
shredded Romano cheese just sitting in the fridge
a little Olive oil

I boiled the pasta with the asparagus in the same pot, browned the sausage in a little olive oil and then tossed it all together with a little cheese on top. And it was delicious.

Sunday, I found my entire Sunday School class standing outside of church asking if we could have class outside today. Why not? Go get some bean bags, throws and Bibles, and we'll settle down in a quite spot away from the traffic.  The girls loved it, and I did too. It was a gorgeous morning. Then, my in law's remembered my favorite is white cake with white icing (no small accomplishment) for my birthday party with my great nephew and rest of the family.



















This is perfection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dinner looks delicious!! I'll have to try it!
xoAmy
www.dreamingincashmere.com

Chandra said...

Sunday School outside? Sounds PERFECT. I taught a few Sunday School classes outside one day a few years back and it was just awesome!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty

Chandra said...

Sunday School outside? Yes, please! I taught a SS class outside a few years back and it was just awesome!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty