Sunday, January 13, 2013

Organized like Bobbie.... for Breakfast


Making breakfast easier on myself with this great idea of homemade egg mcmuffins from my freezer. 

I broke the yoke and baked eggs in a jumbo muffin pan with a little salt and pepper (at 350 for 15 minutes). Toasted 6 english muffins, topped them all with one piece of mild chedder and one turkey sauasge patty.  I assembled and let them cool in the freezer for 20 minutes or so, indivdually wrapped them in foil and threw in the freezer.


My husband gets up first and throws two in the oven (at 400 for 30 minutes) and we both grab one and run out the door for the day. Or when I'm really in a hurry, I grab it frozen and throw it in the toaster oven at work.

Its cheaper, faster and a lot healthier than going to the drive thru.

Cost for the ingredients (bought today at Target):
$3.69     Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties
$6.18    Thomas whole wheat English muffins (two packs)
$2.49     18 large eggs
$2.69     Sargeto sliced mild Cheddar cheese

$15.05   Total (for 12 with cheese and eggs left over)

I'm linked with Show and Tell Friday
I'm linked with Project Inspire here
I'm linked with Craft-O-Matic here
I'm linked at Frugal craft home blog 


The Girl Creative










1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! My hubby loves to make sandwiches for breakfast and this would be way faster! Thanks for linking up to Frugal Crafty Home!