Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why do I participate in Compassion International?

Blog Assignment from Compassion International

I'm linked with This Blog Post

Why do I participate in Compassion International?
Random photo has nothing to do with
this topic. But isn't he adorable?
  • Its Christ Centered assistance
  • Reminds me of all my blessings
  • I don't miss the $38 a month
  • It does not receive any government funding
  • Its ranked as a 4 star charity for the past 11 years. It is in the top 1% of all charities recognized for its superior financial responsibility.  Less than 16% of all money is spent on administration costs (as a comparison: American Cancer Society's administrative costs is 30%)
  • The success stories of the children that grow up in this program and what they go onto become is amazing, shocking and nothing short of miraculous
  • Its mission is to release children from poverty in Jesus name
  • It was started in 1952 after an American pastor in the Korean War witnessed all the unwanted children living in the streets and sleeping in doorways
  • I feel its something Jesus wants me to participate in
  • There is nothing I could buy for $38 a month that is more important than changing a child's life
  • Letters from the sponsored child let me know how they are doing and how the monthly contribution positively affects their life
Which Bible verse prompts  and guides you to serve others?

  • He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4
  • Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Isaiah 40:1
  • Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35
  • And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 2 John 1:5

1 comment:

gin said...

you are making a difference in a child's life that will last a lifetime. awesome way for God to work thru you!