Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Favorites


A few pictures from my week. So excited to
get my vacation scrapbook; "mudslide" by
Sally Hansen; a rainy day outside my window at
  work; my new favorite candle and what I
 wore to work standing outside  my office door

 
TV Show:
I am hooked on Nashville, just watched the season finale (from 4 weeks ago) last night. It was spectacular.  I've never seen so many things happen in just one show. How am I going to wait until September for it to come back on? Its impossible.

Songs:
Blowing smoke by Kacey Musgraves. I don't listen to much country, but this one caught my attention. Its a really upbeat song but really sad at the same time.

Verses:
The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
Acts 17:24-27

Breakfast:
I'm in love with Jimmy Dean Delights. So good, and quick and I still feel like I'm eating something healthy. So far, the whole wheat English muffin with turkey sausage are my favorite. Now I'm trying the bagel.

Book I'm reading now:

Does an Audio book count? I am loving this one:  What the most successful people do on the weekends, a short guide to making the most of your days off by Laura VanderKam. Here is a sample: "Weekend memories are there to nourish the brain through the week day labors, there to fortify the soul in the years to come when the business of now is replaced by the quiet… What the most successful people know about weekends is that life can not happen only in the future. It can not wait until some day when we are less tired or less busy. If you work long hours, weekends are key to feeling like you have a life that is broader than your professional identify."

In other news:
Happy Peaches and Cream day, although I would rather pretend it is still June 20 and just celebrate National Vanilla Milkshake day again.

I'm linked with Katie  at Katie did what.


2 comments:

gin said...

yes, an audio book counts. They are the best, in my opinion. it's nice to have your own volumes of personal one-of-a-kind vacation book every year.

Katie Did What said...

LOVE that verse!! I've never seen Nashville, but have heard lots of good things about it! And that book sounds fantastic. What a refreshing reminder to get out there and enjoy the time off :)

Thanks for linking up with me!

xo